Love in the 21st century calls for a healthy dose of unconventional creativity! This Valentine’s Day, when everyone else in the class is mindlessly passing out paper heart doilies and candy hearts, grab your sweetie’s attention with a lovable little piglet made out of recycled crayon chunks and glitter! Keep reading for directions on this cute Valentine Craft for Kids!
- crayon and/or oil pastel chunks
- pig shaped cookie cutter
- aluminum foil
- cookie sheet
- cellophane gift bag & ribbon
- gift tag
How to Do It:
- Heat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the cookie cutter in the center of the cookie sheet and fill it to the top with crayon chunks.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and keep a close eye on it as the crayons melt. Some of the melted wax will seep out from underneath the cookie cutter but don’t worry – that will easily be removed later.
- When the crayons are melted, carefully remove the cookie sheet from the oven, keeping it perfectly flat, and sprinkle a little glitter on top of the melted crayons. Leave the cookie cutter with the melted crayons on the cookie sheet until it has cooled completely. Do not attempt to move the foil off of the cookie sheet as the hot wax may drip!
- After it is completely cooled, gently press down on the cookie cutter with the palm of your hand to score the wax to make it easier to remove around the edges. Gently chip the pieces of wax off with your fingers, and carefully push the crayon mold out of the cookie cutter.
- Voila! Place the little piggy up in a clear cellophane bag and tie with a ribbon!