In this workshop, we’ll demonstrate several folding, twisting, tying & clamping methods; discuss the general process of preparing the fabric to accept the dye, the mixing and dye application process, as well as tips for successful rinsing + washing.
- Two hours of instruction and experimentation with demonstrated folding techniques
- Set of 4 natural cotton dinner napkins (with an option to purchase additional matching napkins during check-out to create a larger matching set)
- Assorted fabric scraps for practice dying – you are welcome to bring additional small pieces of fabric from home to use as time allows.
- Use of our shibori binding supplies: strings, bands, blocks, resists, and protective gloves.
- Presoak soda ash + fabric dye bath
Request a date for a public or private workshop!